Monday, March 8, 2010

Emerging Technology 2: X3 Studios

Ok everyone, you are going to LOVE this! I found this site thanks to an amazing student who wanted to try something new for a project I have in my class. The website is called: wallpapers.x3studios.com (DO NOT PUT http in front of the wallpapers)!
Basically what this site does is it allows students to be creative and design their own backgrounds or wallpapers for computers. In my class we are using X3Studios to design logos for the businesses my students are creating. In my class we have what is known as the Entrepreneurship Project. Students, in groups, are to "boom" a business. They name their company, design a logo, make advertisments, create a mission statement, create a dress code, and follow a budget.
X3Studios has been a great asset to my project because my students are able to step outside of the programs they usually use to create things in and try something new. The elements that X3Studios has to choose from are very unique and very inviting. My students are also able to type text into this program. Most of my students have found this program to be extremely helpful. They appreciate being able to do something different. I appreciate being able to introduce something new into my classroom.

Please visit the link (I'll give it to you again):
wallpapers.x3studios.com

Ale

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ale, I am happy you enjoyed our product! :) We're working on V2 with more options I hope you guys will like. Btw, do you think you can maybe send us some of the examples your class came up with?

    Btw, our company is called X3 Studios (www.x3studios.com) and the wallpaper application is just something we created for fun :). We'll definitely brand it better with v2 so there is no confusion.

    Thanks,
    Stefan

    CEO / Creative Director
    X3 Studios

    ReplyDelete