Monday, February 15, 2010

Emerging Technology 1: Digital Videos

This is a growing subject matter for me because I rarely use Digital Videos in my class. In fact the videos I do use are for the students I work with who have moderate cognitive disabilities. I access these videos from a website known as BrainPop. (www.brainpop.com). The school district that I work for has a membership with BrainPop. Thus, I am able to access hundreds of videos that provide students with more information that goes along with what they are learning in their Lifeskills class.

When it comes to my general education classes I am having trouble using videos in conjunction with my classes. It is not that I am afraid of the technology, however I find it hard to have enough time to incorporate the videos into the my classes. Through my research over the past two years I have come across a website known as Teacher Tube (www.teachertube.com). I had heard of You Tube, which I usually use for entertainment purposes. However, I had not heard of Teacher Tube until I became employed as a teacher. Over the past frew weeks I have gone to Teacher Tube and discovered several educational videos that are right at my fingertips. I also discovered that Teacher Tube has pictures and blogs that can be helpful to both teachers and students.

My goal for this semester is to find videos that work well with my curriculum and incorporate them into my class. Hopefully my readers will be able to help keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment